Thank you for your interest in Community Geofilters! Outlined below are a list of common Community Geofilter questions and answers. For more details, please check out our submission guidelines.
How long will it take for my Geofilter to be reviewed?
Submission are reviewed in the order in which they are received. We can’t provide a reviewal timeline, unfortunately, but if yours is selected we’ll email you. If you have not received a response, it may be because we have not yet reviewed your submission. We appreciate your patience!
Can I submit more than one Geofilter for a single event or location?
In most cases, we try to keep the number of Geofilters per location or event to a minimum. Help us decorate the world by submitting Geofilters for different events and locations!
I messed up. Can I withdraw a Geofilter submission prior to your team reviewing it or resubmit?
Oops! If you notice an issue with your Geofilter, you can resubmit it. Please make sure to clarify the issue in the notes when you resubmit.
Will I be notified once the Geofilter is reviewed?
Typically, after a Geofilter has been reviewed, an automatic email will be sent letting you know if your Geofilter has been approved or not.
I received an email saying my Geofilter was approved and would be “live” soon but it’s been a few days and I still don’t see it. What could be the issue?
If you’re having difficulty viewing the Geofilter, please make sure:
- You’re in the Geofenced area of the Geofilter
- Your location settings are enabled and you have a strong GPS signal
- You have a reliable network connection, preferably Wi-Fi
Can I submit a Geofilter without using the website tool?
Unfortunately, no. All submissions should be made via the Community Geofilter tool.
What if my Geofilter is not approved?
If your Geofilter was not approved it could be for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Unoriginal Content: All graphics and portions of the graphic must be 100% original. Logos and trademarks, including school crests or similar marks are not allowed.
- Not visually interesting or useful enough: Make sure all submitted Geofilters are something that people will want to use. Remember, anyone within the Geofence may have access to the filter.
- Not relevant or too broad: Keep it local. Don’t cover an entire country, state, or province. We consider Geofilters for entire cities, but the bigger the city, the higher the bar for quality.
- Insufficient description: If your filter doesn’t speak for itself, tell us why it’s important.
- Incorrectly formatted (PNGs): Make sure your Geofilter asset fits in a 1080×1920 pixel box. Also make sure that the file is not too huge (over 300kb).
- Non-transparent background: Make sure you export your Geofilter on a background that is transparent. A common mistake is to export on an opaque background.
Remember, you can resubmit your Geofilter after remedying any issues.
If you have additional questions, please refer to our Geofilter Guidelines page.
Above FAQ from Snapchat.com